9 febbraio 2011

INTERVIEW: Going to Know... Valeriatelier!

(Clicca qui per la versione in ITALIANO)


Today we are going to know an artist from Turin: Valeria of Valeriatelier .
In her etsy shop you can find original paintings, decorated journals, ACEO (tiny, pocket masterpieces), colorful bookmarks and felt and paper maché objects! So difficult to choose among such pretty things!!! :)

1. What's the name of your business, what do create and sell?
My shop is called ValeriAtelier.
I gave this name to my shop because I imagined it as an atelier, a creative place where 1000 different things arise.
Here you can find and buy my paintings, drawings, jewels and paper and paper maché creations.


2. What are your inspirations in your art and life?
My source of ispiration is not only one!
I draw inspiration from all what surrounds me..
Nature, animals, everyday life, movies or books.


3. Do you listen to music while you create? If so, what?
When I paint sometimes I listen to the music.
I’ve no favourite kind of music, I listen to everything.. from contemporary to classical music.
On the contrary, when I dedicate to creative project of different kinds, I enjoy the silence. In such way I concentrate better.

4. What is your studio or work space like?
I have no a definite work space.
My house is big and I easily move from a room to another. I follow “the best” light.
In summer I put on the balcony where I feel good all day!

5. What 3 things can't you live without?
I used not toh ave nothing irreplaceable in my life and live what is necessary. The less you’re dependent the more you’re free!
But if we want to give 3 options, I could say as follows:
My freedom (in every field of life)
My cup of tea in the morning
My bed (I’m lazy and I’d like to spend my time on it!)

6. What is the best creative advice you have been given?
I received few suggestions on creativity. The best suggestion is: to have my own style.
To create a style making me unique, recognizable and special. This is not an easy suggestion to put in into practice but it’s a big help if you work on it.

7. What's new? Any products or projects you'd like to share?
As you can see in my shop, I dedicated to Fimo in the last few weeks.
I’m making buttons, pearls and other small things with this material.
I’m enjoying a lot! I love this kind of material for its versatility and bright colours very similar to mine.
I think I’ll go on with this new experiment because I want to understand what it can give to me and my shop.


4 commenti:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...